Wednesday, November 10, 2004

Halo 2 Unleashed


Master Chief in all his high polygon glory


Although Halo 2 was officially released yesterday, I decided to wait for the crowds to die down and pick up my copy today at Best Buy. I expected tons of copies to be available but it turns out there were only 2 left. One man had the first copy left and I had the last copy. It wasn't until I went home and found on the net that Halo 2 made over $125 million dollars in sales, just on the first day alone. That's quite an accomplishment and explains why my local Best Buy is completely sold out.

As far as the game goes, I had the chance to play a little bit before I turned in for the night. The graphics are much improved from the original Halo (which were very good to begin with) and I'm sure it uses every ounce of power from the custom Nvidia video chip the Xbox contains.

The online reviews are all positive with special emphasis on the great multiplayer aspect of it using the Microsoft Live! service. The only negative I read about is that the single player campaign can be completed in a short 10 hours. I always wondered who are these people that fly through the latest games just to have bragging rights on how fast they could finish it. As for me, I'm going to take my time and enjoy it. Hopefully Rob can make it down a few times to help out in co-op mode.

1 Comments:

Blogger Robert said...

Mark don't finish the game without me! Who's gonna help you mow down all the alien scum with the buggie while you knock off the remaining survivors with the mounted gun? An AI player? Pfft!

8:50 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home