Saturday, November 05, 2005

BestBuy Trip Report

I ended up going to BestBuy today to pick up a 5-pin USB cable for my digital camera. I seemed to have lost the cable that came with the camera and therefore have a bunch of pictures and videos I haven't been able to upload to my Mac. I also picked up one if those 5-in-1 Media readers so I can just pop in my SD card and upload at the faster USB 2.0 speeds. I already tried it and it makes a big difference.

It's good to be a PC gamer right now. Quake 4, F.E.A.R., and Call of Duty 2 all came out recently. At Kruddler's recommendation, I purchased F.E.A.R. (Quake 4 will have to wait until it goes on sale). The guy at the counter was raving about it, saying its very scary. Well that's what I heard about Doom 3 too so I will have to see. The online reviews are very favorable so I'm anxious to play it as soon as the kids go to sleep. The system requirements are pretty high, but graphics are top of line based on what I've seen on the box.

BestBuy had a working Xbox 360 on demo and they were playing Call of Duty 2 on it. The console looks better in person (as well as smaller) than what the web shots show and the frame rate looked really fast. I have to admit I wasn't really excited about the upcoming launch but now I'm finally warming up to it a bit. I still won't consider buying one until the costs come down.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home