Friday, November 19, 2004

Emi at Universal


Starting the day.

Rika's little sister, Emi, is visiting us this week (overall her third trip to Southern California) so Rika and I are playing tourist with her. Here they are at the entrance of Universal Studios. I never realized how close this L.A. attraction is to us- only 30 mins away travelling past Beverly Hills and Hollywood.

Yesterday was a great day to go as we had the park all to ourselves. We went straight to the Mummy the Ride thinking that would be our longest wait. I think that was the first time I ever walked straight into an E ticket attraction without waiting one second in line. The queue is extremely detailed and impressive with various dark holes and cubbies to put wandering hands into for suprise effects. The ride itself has a unique feature which I won't spoil for you but the biggest reaction at the end of it was "it's over?" It's extremely short! For all the money and effort Universal put into this, I swear it seemed no longer than 30 seconds. I wonder if the physical limitations of the lot size was a factor in this. Overall I liked it although I don't feel I have to go back anytime soon.

More on everything later. Off to Disneyland now.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home