Monday, December 20, 2004

High Speed Internet

After almost two months of suffering with no home Internet connection I finally got my broadband connection today, just not with DSL.

Originally 2 weeks before I moved I called Verizon to let them know I was moving and I wanted to transfer my phone and DSL service to the new house. They said no problem and that my phone would be ready when I moved and that my DSL would be re-instated about 8 days later. Well they messed up my phone order and I didn't get that working for at least a week. Also 8 days after I moved I called to get status regarding my DSL connection and they told me the order was never placed and they could get it working by Dec 20th. Since I was using Verizon's webmail feature at work I and didn't want to lose my email address I put up with it. Then a day later they closed my pixar@verizon.net account and removed all access to my online files (which explains why you can't see any of my blog pictures). I called again to complain and they said that this was normal since I was transfering service and that my email and files would be reinstated when my DSL connection was working. Not great, but again I could live with it.

Well today was the 20th and no DSL connection was setup so I called to inquire about the DSL status again. I was told by Verizon that my order was dropped because my new phone line "didn't qualify". Great... thanks for telling me that Verizon, now I lost everything.

This was the final straw. I called Adelphia and ordered high speed internet service and had it activated within minutes. Since I already owned a cable modem I was online in just a few seconds with a much faster 3+ Mbps internet connection. Why I didn't do this sooner, I'll never know.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home