Tuesday, November 08, 2005

Lakers vs Phoenix

For being a native southern Californian I have never seen a Lakers game until last Thursday when my dad gave me four free tickets. He won them at his work's Halloween party and generously gave them to me. Apparently he's not much of a fan so I ended up going with Annel, Rob and Rika. I've attended a Kings game before so I have been to a sporting event at the Staples Center but watching a live basketball game was a real treat. Our seats were way up on the top section but I was surprised that it still afforded a decent view of the action. At $35 face value per ticket I can only image what the lower level seats must cost.

They played Phoenix that night so we got to see some nice Kobe/Nash action. I have to admit I haven't seen a full Lakers game since the big breakup but at least Jackson's back at the helm. Smush Parker had some good plays including a spectacular behind the back fake that led to a dunk. The Lakers ended up losing but the the best part of the game was listening to the off the cuff heckling from a few of the fans behind us. Some of my favorite comments included:

"That's OK Kobe, we don't need those free throws... we're only 10 points behind!" - After Kobe Bryant misses some important free throws.

"Suit up Rudy T." - After some bad coaching from Phil Jackson

"Suit up Rambus, you still have some life in you!" - After blowing a 3 point deficit in the 4th.

My only suggestion is to eat before you go and avoid the horrible overpriced food at the Staples Center. There's a nice cafe at Figurora that's a much better value.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home