Monday, March 13, 2006

A thing of beauty!

Ok, this is part 2.

While I may have been in a daze writing my original post, at thekruddler.blogspot.com, this go round is a lil more, shall we say grounded? :)

Ok, maybe not, because it really is an awesome machine! OMG!

It's simple to use, like any other mac, but what gets yer attention is the power! It has way more juice than my iMac G5! How did I notice the raw power of it, you may ask? In the simplest way to gauge these things: games! Yes, that's right!

First, I had to install a game of course, and so, the only game I have on my iMac is WoW. Needless to say, I did not find the prospect of installing it on my new Pro, because along with that comes the countless minutes (hours?) of downloading all the patches that comes along with it. And believe me, there were a lot of em over the past year!

So, what did I do? Why, the easy thing of course! I connected my 2 macs and dragged the folder from one to the other, and in a matter of minutes, it was complete! However, would it work? I wasn't actually supposed to do that, as far as the literature went, but I wasn't ready to let my new Pro sit there for the next couple of days downloading when I wanted to use the darn thing!

Next was the test! Will it work?! It was an easy answer. Of course it worked! I plugged into the internet and ran the app, and there I was, standing in Ironforge with no frame loss like I get on my iMac! Oh, the sweet victory of living and running thru IF without any choppiness! And at a higher resolution to boot!

I can say , truly, what a thing of beauty! Thank you Apple and thank you Steverino! Woot!

Krudd

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home