Sunday, August 13, 2006

Krispy Kreme Closes

The unthinkable has happened in my neck of the woods...

The Oxnard Krispy Kreme store, the only one in Ventura County mind you, has closed it's doors on August 3rd. It was located on Rose Ave, not too far from my old house on Licho, and I still remember the traffic jams and police presense that was needed when the popular donut shop was first opened back in 2001. There has been no official word on why it's been closed. I guess I have to get my sugar fix elsewhere...

1 Comments:

Blogger Robert said...

That's unfortunate. You're right about it being the only store in Ventura County. Various articles I've read blame runaway growth, poor executive management and two CEO changes for the closure of many Krispy Kremes around the country.

The closest store to me is about 10 minutes from my place, but in kind of a shady area of L.A. (Leimert Park), so I'm hardly in the mood to make a special trip. Not interested in the been-there-all-day boxes that you can pick up at any local supermarket or gas station either.

Hopefully they can change things around in the future. I know they are currently expanding in Asia.

6:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home