Saturday, November 12, 2005

Expedia Troubles

Me being the big procrastinator, I finally booked my airline tickets to Hawaii for Rob's wedding on Thursday night using Expedia (Hawaiian Airlines was too expensive at the time). The problem was that I accidental booked the departure flight a week early. Unfortunately I caught my mistake right after I confirmed my flight which meant that I had to call Expedia and exchange my ticket, pay United Airlines a $100 exchange fee and Expedia a $30 processing fee.

I called Expedia to explain what happened and the nice lady gave me the direct phone to United Airlines and told me to ask them for the exchange so Expedia wouldn't have to charge me the $30. Well I called United and they told me to call Expedia and make the transfer so I explained I didn't want to pay the $30 fee and for them to do it. After 3 back and forths the United rep finally agreed to make the exchange.

The next day I checked Expedia's website and noticed that my departure flight was deleted from my itinerary. I also noticed the price was still the same so I called them to find out what happened. The Expedia rep said that United performed the exchange but didn't charge me the $100 fee, which she also said they never do. Thinking that I really didn't have a ticket to leave LAX I called United again and they did confirm that I did have a valid departure ticket.

Well you can imagine that I'm relieved that I didn't have to pay that extra $130 because I clicked the wrong button, but the bottom line is that I have to triple check my dates the next time I book something online.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home