Sunday, October 01, 2006

Now that's a spider!


Saturday after work, I went over to a friends place to play a lil WoW when we were distracted by a rather large spider. Normally, I don't go into the yard, but this time he asked if I could help him out a bit with the sprinkler system. There were a lot of weeds and vines, and not really thinking about it, I reached into the growth and started turning knobs and looking for pipes.

Imagine my surprise after the water turned on and out comes this spider! I was creeped out as it was as big as my thumb! We tried looking for it on the web, as in www on the net :), but didn't find the specific spider in the yard. For not being a tarantula, that was the biggest spider I've ever seen!

Krudd

1 Comments:

Blogger Marcos said...

Hey Krudd I did some google searches and it looks like you found a female Banded Garden spider (Argiope trifasciata). Creepy but perfectly harmless! Still I think you should kill it...it looks evil.

http://www.spiderzrule.com/banded.htm

6:01 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home