Wednesday, January 17, 2007

Reality Distortion Field

For some reason I have now long forgotten, I took a forensic (debate) class in high school. It ended up preparing me for the real world more so than any other single class as good speech skills are sorely lacking in the business world. Not that I'm any better then the guy next door but I can recognize when someone excels at it. Steve Jobs is a perfect example of someone who has mastered the art of public speaking, so good that you don't notice it until someone else comes along (Stan Sigman) who lacks the same skill set. I found this article very interesting on why Stevie does such a good job.

2 Comments:

Blogger kruddler said...

Great article link! It's funny to learn that Jobs is only the doing the basics, but in the best possible way. He is a great speaker for sure, and reading that commentary about him only points out why. Too funny.

However, I still believe in the reality distortion field and his ability to mesmerize others into totally believing in him, his products and Apple! Jobs FTW!

9:32 AM  
Blogger Robert said...

I read another article that theorized if Jobs ever steps down as CEO and leaves the company, Apple's stock would drop by 25%. Maybe Steve is too good? ;)

6:13 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home