Saturday, April 21, 2007

Yet Another Display Technology

The last time Mark and I were iChatting we were talking about OLED display technologies. Mark called it "vaporware" which is technically true for now. OLED TVs are not currently on the market but I believe Sony and other manufactures will eventually bring them out within the next 1-10 years. I wouldn't be too worried about future proofing your HD display purchase now though. I don't plan on buying one for a few more years and even if OLED TVs were available at that time, they will certainly be way too expensive. And traditional LCDs will be that much more perfected.

(CAPTION) OLED monitor and Duke Nukem Forever. Coming to a store near you by the next decade. Maybe.

1 Comments:

Blogger Marcos said...

Rob, during my HDTV research I came across "future" tech like OLED and SED. Initially I was excited by their potential and seriously considered waiting for them to come to market until I kept hearing about their continued delays. IMHO I don't think either tech is going to make it in the plasma/LCD market soon, if it all. Not because they aren't good enough, but because LCD and plasma will continue to improve to the point where the benefits of OLED/SED will be meaningless. Only time will tell...

http://www.hdtvexpert.com/pages_b/sedtech.html

8:23 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home