Monday, February 19, 2007

Extreme Makeover: Haunted Mansion Edition

While researching some reference material for my modeling class, I came across some fellow bloggers with a serious-or should I say a severe interest in Disneyland Haunted Mansion collectibles.

Well check them out for yourself here and here. Crazy stuff. Being a small collector myself I recognize most of the items, but some items I've never seen before like the stretching room gargoyles. I suspect that those are unofficial, but still cool none-the-less. The first link is from an animator who worked at Walt Disney Feature Animation for a number of years, and has described in detail how he created a lot of the props for his last Halloween.

On a related note, I was telling Mark last night about Disney having a clearance sale on the remainder of last summer's Haunted Mansion merchandise. The Haunted Mansion Bride figure is only $59.99, down from an original price of $169. Not a bad discount. At that price, I don't expect the bride to stay in stock very long.

2 Comments:

Blogger kruddler said...

I only have one question...

Since you have the space now, when are we going to see a dedicated room in your house, Mark?

On a different note, it's official:
Star Wars The Force Unleashed comes out this year, utilizing the new tech we saw on that previous vid you blogged about!

http://www.lucasarts.com/index.htmls

Oh yeah! I know where my money is going this November!

Krudd

4:15 PM  
Blogger Marcos said...

LOL, yeah I should buy the wallpaper and make my office the Mansion room.

Excellent link to the upcoming Lucas Arts game. I can't wait!

8:03 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home