Saturday, June 10, 2006

Mac and me


Well, after some time passing since I bought my Pro, and after today with my pc using winxp, all I can say is... I LOVE MY MAC! Today after work, I turned on my pc, and lo and behold, something that never happens happened! Yes, xp locked up! Can you imagine that?! A pc running xp locking up?! It's unheard of! Countless hours later (ok, I can count them, but it feels like countless hours later!), I'm still re-installing, that's right, RE-INSTALLING!!!!

Of course I was able to keep myself occupied by watching RedvsBlue, the dvd, and after 2 dvd's worth, I still can't get the re-install to work on the pc and need help. Time to make a phone call. I've more than likely lost all my info on my pc. OMG!!! Why oh why didn't I take the blue pill?!

The only thing giving me any comfort in technology is my old trustworthy friend, my long time companion you all once scoffed and mocked me from, a real survivor and contstant that has stood by me time after time, my Mac. Sniff! Oh the beauty of this wonderful thing! So sturdy, so easy, so dependable, so good to look at! And now, with the Pro in my hands, so new and powerful!!!

I just shut off my pc, no progress made on it, files gone, frustation setting in, if not for my Mac! You boys! Do you remember mocking me for having a Mac?! How many years of that went by before all 3 of you (4 if you count my bro) finally saw what I saw and broke down and bought one yourselves?! Yes, I did end up buying a pc, but not for anything other than playing games that are not available on macs.

But now! Oh, the real beauty of it all! Now with this new machine, there will be no need to get another pc ever again! Boot Camp FTW!!! I can't wait for the desktop verision of the new mactell machines, where I'll be able to put in the newest graphics card! Imagine the raw power of that machine now! No, I will not be buying one when it does come out, money is another issue there! But rest assured, at some point, I will be getting one after I've saved for it!

On a side note, Marcos did get to see the new Pro at the party, but with Murphy's law, it lagged when I wanted to show it off! Blah blah blah! That only happens when you show off your newest toys and you all go thru it and you know it! Anyway, Pro all the way! Marcos loved it, and he agrees with me about the best feature: the magsafe power supply! By far the funnest neatest part of any computer ever! It's so fun having magnetic power supplies! Woot!

Well, till the pc decides to run again, I'll be using my Pro only, and also my iMac so it won't get lonely...

Krudd

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home