Saturday, July 01, 2006

CrossOver

Bigger news than BootCamp!? This is indeed big news! If CrossOver works as well as they report, then I'll have no need to even install windoze! The only thing that would hold me back however is will they actually support games or not.

CrossOver gets rid of having to install windows altogether, and just letting you run the apps on OS X. As reported, it works because the new macs work on intel chips. However, if the only support is for normal apps and not games, then I'll have no need to even get it. BootCamp is free and I already have win xp and the only reason I have xp is for games. I don't use xp for anything else, it's just a game machine for me.

Hopefully more info will be released soon with a beta soon so I can try it out! This could be very exciting!

Krudd

1 Comments:

Blogger Marcos said...

CrossOver looks promising, but it's underlying technology is from the WINE project. I wouldn't expect great 3D gaming support, for that stick with Boot Camp.

http://www.winehq.com/

11:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home