Monday, November 06, 2006

Han Shot First

As I was going over my Christmas wish list of DVD's that I want to own, I remembered that I was missing the original Star Wars trilogy that Lucas just released last month. Keep in mind that this isn't just the Special Edition stuff that showed Greedo shooting first but also includes the original theatrical releases from 1977, 1980 and 1983.

Looking at the official Star Wars website it looks like they will stop making these DVD's on December 31st so if you haven't picked up a copy then make sure this gets on Santa's list. The only thing I can't find is a boxed set of all three films, I can only find the individual films on Amazon. If anybody has a link to the set then please send it.

3 Comments:

Blogger Robert said...

I would recommend you read this before committing to the Limited Edition version. And as far as I know, there is no boxed version, at least until the 30th anniversary edition. ;)

10:34 PM  
Blogger Marcos said...

Read all the links, I'm still torn though. That 30th edition sounds promising...

10:31 AM  
Blogger kruddler said...

Unfortunately, I bought the 3 discs first a while back. But I don't mind. And though the reviewer you linked was right, I'm still glad I bought it.

As for the 30th anniversary box set, there's no way there cannot be one! It'll be the 6 movies with all the extras, and hopefully the original 3 theatrical releases with them as well! It's almost like 9 movies! :) I'll have to get the 30th even if they don't include the original unaltered versions. Hey, it's the 30th Anniversary after all!

10:52 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home