Sunday, September 16, 2007

Heavenly Sword


Ok, so I ended up getting Heavenly Sword for the PS3 because it is a next gen game and I don't have many games on my PS3 (Resistance: Fall of Man and Virtua Fighter 5 are the only other 2 worth buying that I have). Resistance was really good, but I still think in a showdown, GOW on the 360 wins in the action shooter arena. Graphically and gameplay for both games were great, but GOW just had that extra oomph.

Now, as for Heavenly Sword, the closest comparison is God of War, which is only a PS2 game, so I don't really have anything to compare it to with the 360, mainly because I just don't know if there is anything similar on the 360 to it. I don't have God of War, but I have seen what it looks like and just wasn't into it though it looked neat. The reason I got Heavenly Sword was mainly because I wanted a next gen game on my PS3. It sure does look it! It is visually stunning! And I was surprised that I do like the storyline. The gameplay isn't too bad either, though sometimes the camera angles are a bit difficult.

It isn't exactly a button masher, as you do have to know combo moves, but they aren't all difficult until you come up against a boss, and then when you figuire out how to fight each boss, it gets a little easier. Unfortunately, the main boss I have not figuired out yet. I can barely do any damage to him even after the super power upgrade. And when I say super power, Nariko, the games main character, is really super powered! :)

You also get to play another minor character in some of the sequences, which actually is not bad and a good break from the normal button pushing of Nariko. You have to get used to that as well though, as at first I didn't know how to handle the movement of what I was supposed to be doing. After I sort of got used to it, not really, but for me it was close enough, it was fun to play the character named Kai, a strange and not all in the head arrown shooting cat like girl. At first I didn't like her as I thought she was annoying, but that changed as the game went on and having to play her part of the story. She's probably the best little surprise in the game for me.

All in all, I like this game more than I thought I would, and am more than pleased with it. The graphics are incredible and the storyline is entertaining, enough for me to have wanted to finish the game, which I haven't done because I can't get past the last boss who happened to get powers at the last minute that make him way to tough for someone who isn't that good at gaming! Hey, I like gaming, I'm just not that good at playing! Still, I'm glad I bought it!

2 Comments:

Blogger Robert said...

Does this mean you finished BioShock or is it on hiatus until Halo 3 is finished?

As for HS, the graphics look pretty good; I wonder how much of the PS3's hardware capabilities the developers were able to utilize.

12:36 AM  
Blogger kruddler said...

No, I didn't finish Bio :(
And now that I finished Halo, I'm trying to get back to it, but there is much replayability with Halo that I still want to do it all over again!

As for Heavenly Sword, it will have to be played between rounds of Halo 3 and WoW. :) Still, it's a great game, though I have run into a boss I can't seem to handle right now. I gotta figuire out how to beat it or else I may lose interest! Doh!

6:09 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home