Thursday, February 28, 2008

DivX

Well, this will be short. I dunno if you guys ever went to this site, but when I'd miss something on tv, sometimes I'd hit Stage6, by DivX. It was a great site for some shows, movies or just some higher quality vids than YouTube.

Though it wasn't as extensive as YouTube, there were some cool things I was able to watch that looked excellent compared to the low res of YouTube. Today was the last day of Stage6 and was shutdown just a little while ago due to financial priorities.

I never thought I'd be much of a supporter of DivX, but it turns out that it's a great app that is really fast as far as download times go. And it's not like I 'm not for the format, I just didn't think I was going to need another video format was all. I know there are other sites that will replace it, but it had such an easy interface and was just super easy to use. I'll miss the site. :(

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home