Tuesday, December 02, 2008

Black Mesa

Wow we went the whole month of November without posting a new blog. Everybody too busy with the holidays? :-) Here's a short one for you...

Apparently some fans have been working hard on a total conversion mod called Black Mesa that updates the original groundbreaking game Half Life with updated models and graphics using the Source engine. This was in response to the rather lack luster port from Valve called Half-Life: Source which primarily added updated water and lighting effects, but kept the original models and textures.

Although the Black Mesa mod has been in development for over 4 years with a "when it's done" release date, they've just released a video showcasing their efforts with a 2009 date at the end. It looks good to me and I can't wait to play it, especially since it will be free to anybody with a game that uses the Source engine.

2 Comments:

Blogger Robert said...

Even though I haven't contributed lately, I still read the blog! I've been meaning to start writing again, but I had to get adjusted to my new schedule. A future post will be about the internet speeds here in Japan...

Nice video about Black Mesa. I would like to see in high res the scientist hanging from the ladder then losing his grip and falling to his death before Freeman can reach him. :)

7:16 PM  
Blogger kruddler said...

Hey, guys! Wow, I can't believe how long it's been since blogging.

And I can't wait to read your internet speed one, Rob! Good to hear from you! You gotta do one about what's been happening also!

And now to write my blog...

6:05 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home