Thursday, March 12, 2009

Hotmail

I've been meaning to send this link to Rob but perhaps it might be helpful for someone else. Automagic Software makes a nice free utility called HTTPMail Plugin that allows you to integrate your Hotmail account with Apple Mail.

It has some limitations like the inability to add contacts or modify Hotmail junk mail filters but its a lot better than having to use your web browser to check your email or worse yet, having to run Microsoft Entourage. Oh the horror!

1 Comments:

Blogger Robert said...

After our last phone conversation, I googled the same HTTPMail Plugin you described in this post. Works great!

I used to use a browser to check my Hotmail account on the iMac and iPod Touch. Very inconvenient. I later installed Microsoft Office 2008 with Entourage for the sole purpose of checking my email.

Needless to say, I have since set up a gmail account and will be uninstalling Office soon. Google Docs/iWork'09 FTW!

12:48 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home