Sunday, May 31, 2009

Up

I took the kids to see Up yesterday. Yet another hit from our friends at Pixar, definitely in their top five.

If you guys haven't seen it yet, I highly recommend watching the Disney Digital 3-D version. I was a bit apprehensive at first, I thought they might have used gimmicky 3D effects like in those older 3D movies (Jaws 3-D anyone?) but it really helps you get totally immersed in the story. The film lends itself to some wonderful outdoor and high altitude scenes which benefit greatly from the 3D presentation.

The only bummer was that I was a bit late and just missed the Toy Story 3 trailer. Oh well, I guess that's what the Apple trailers website is for.

4 Comments:

Blogger Robert said...

Thanks for the recommendation for Up. I'll have to add that to my backed-up personal movie queue. Minutes before I saw your post, iTunes finished downloading the 1080p and iPod versions of the Toy Story 3 trailer.

9:08 AM  
Blogger kruddler said...

Wow, saw it already? I want to see it, but I'll go during the week after work.

10:57 AM  
Blogger Robert said...

So what's the status on the summer films so far? Star Trek and Up are the hits and Terminator Salvation a disappointing miss?

7:08 AM  
Blogger Marcos said...

I haven't seen Terminator Salvation yet. I had a chance to see it opening weekend or Star Trek and opted to go with ST since it had the better ratings.

Although the previews for TS looked awesome the lackluster reviews have kept me away so far. If someone has seen and can give it a personal thumbs up I will try to catch it in the theater otherwise I'll wait until the Blu-Ray comes out.

1:19 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home