Saturday, June 20, 2009

iPhone 3GS

Well, after playing with my new iPhone, I suppose it is a good time to give my short impression.

Soooooo awesome! As you know, I've had the 1st gen model and never got the 3G model. I was tempted to break my contract, but a cooler head prevailed as I finally decided to wait the full 2 years. I'm so glad I did. It is noticably faster than the 1st gen model, and also quite a bit lighter but does not feel like some cheap plastic toy.

The camera is way better IMHO, though I've read some reviews that state they didn't notice much of a difference. The true test of the camera is in the video. I'm surprised at the quality, even when viewing on a home computer. Great picture quality. I only wish that there was a wide screen recording capability. When I saw my test video on YouTube, it looked like it was shot in the old 4:3 aspect ratio.

I love the compass. I could probably waste a lot of battery time just going in circles!
Copy and paste is excellent so far. The speed bump from Edge to 3GS is a much welcomed change! Very noticable.

Though there are more things I can say, I'll just say in closing that if this is so much better, wait until next year when the dual core iPhone comes out! I'm a very happy camper!

From my iPhone

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home