Friday, November 18, 2005

Jarhead

I saw Jarhead today with one of my coworkers. I really wanted to watch it with another coworker though since he used to serve in the Marines during the early 90's but he couldn't make it at the last minute.

The movie is very well made and according to other Marines who have posted reviews they say it's very accurate, but if you are expecting a Full Metal Jacket or a Saving Private Ryan (like I was) then you will be disappointed at the lack of action. There's absolutely no battle scenes captured on film, only the results of such action. Basically it reads like a Marine's diary of his tour of Desert Storm. I only wish that the previews would have hinted more about the true content of the film rather then made it seem like you were going to see some war footage.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home