Tuesday, November 22, 2005

Xbox 360 Arrives

The Xbox 360 was officially released today, although in tight supply and with heavy demand. Apparently people are selling them on eBay for thousands of dollars over what the retail cost is.

The interesting point is not the next generation hardware or the amazing looking games that can be played on it but rather that today marks the day that the IBM shipped a PowerPC based CPU that exceeds the 3.0 GHz barrier that Steve Jobs promised over 2 years ago. With three separate cores that run at 3.2 GHz each, the Xbox 360 is one blazing fast machine.

So will I get one? Most likely not, I hardly have time to play my original Xbox, plus I want to see what the upcoming Nintendo Revolution can do. I like the fact that you will be able to play every title Nintendo ever released on this new console. All I really want to do is play some good ol' Donkey Kong Country.

3 Comments:

Blogger Robert said...

Great blog but I'm surprised that you haven't participated in the stampede for one of these yet. Did you ever crack open your XBOX Live package?

Funny that you also mention Donkey Kong Country since it was one of my all time favorite games that I never got a chance to play, on a console system that I never owned. ;)

What stole my attention of course was the use of DKC's state-of-the art 3D graphics developed with the aid of sexy yet ultra-expensive SGI machines. Ahh, 1994.

You can read a good article about DKC here.

10:56 PM  
Blogger Marcos said...

Great link to DKC. I didn't know that Rare was the developer. I do remember playing it at a friends house on the SNES and was amazed at the 3D graphics.

Annel has the chance to get a 360 at work. I think I will get it just to resell it on eBay. Check out this article. I can rebuy a new one later and still make a profit!

http://money.cnn.com/2005/11/22/technology/personaltech/xbox_ebay/

1:25 AM  
Blogger Marcos said...

Dave finally posts something! Now you just need to write a review on your shiny new iPod video.

Regarding Rare, I just found out that Microsoft bought them a while back and now they are making exclusive Xbox 360 games! Oh the irony!!!

Also I still have my one year Xbox Live package still shrink wrapped in the box. Someday I will install it.

12:39 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home