Thursday, March 23, 2006

New NVIDIA GPU part II

It looks like NVIDIA's "new" GPU is really just a lower cost version of their 7 series GeForce called the NVIDIA GeForce 7600 GS. I really thought it was going to be a next generation GPU, but I guess it is too soon for that.

Anyways it's at the $129 - $149 price point and the reviews look good. The frame rates aren't too bad considering what you pay for it, plus it only uses a single slot and is super quiet due to the fact it doesn't have a cooling fan. Personally I would pay a bit more and get the higher performing GT version if I was looking for a budget card.

1 Comments:

Blogger Robert said...

You had me going there for a while. It feels like I just bought my Nvidia 7800 GTX a few months ago but it was actually in June of 2005. Still no regrets, it's a great card.

1:18 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home