Friday, March 17, 2006

iChat Wars

I actually forgot to do a Friday blog, so I'm sneaking this one in with a false date...

Dave missed out on some great iChat wars, made even more fun but the Kruddler showing off pictures taken from his brand new MacBook Pro with integrated iSight. The included Photo Booth software can make those pics really creepy!

We also did a 2 way video chat with myself and the Krudd. This was our very first video chat and I was amazed at the great quality. It easily looked like it was running at 30 fps. Unfortunately Rob couldn't participate due to lack of a camera although I just read from Apple's website that you can initiate a one way chat by doing the following:

One-way Video Chat
Even if the person you want to chat with doesn't have an iSight camera (lucky you),you can still wave hello with a one-way video chat. Just hold down the Control button as you choose a name from your buddy list and select Invite to Video Chat.


My only problem was that my Sony video camera kept thinking it was idle after a few minutes and would turn itself off thus killing our chat window. I may just have to get the standalone iSight that attaches to my Apple Display with a magnet. I've only been holding out on one because I don't want Steve to announce iSight 2.0 for a lower price right after I get mine.

1 Comments:

Blogger Robert said...

I would recommend that you resist buying the iSight. Think Secret says at least a Rev C. is coming. More importantly, look at when the iSight was first introduced- June 23, 2003. It's approaching it's 3-year anniversary!

6:51 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home