Wednesday, March 15, 2006

Quake 4 Review

Another Kruddler recommendation was to play Quake 4. I was apprehensive about getting it, especially since I was turned off by the grisly demo I saw at last years E3 Expo but the Krudd was so right on with his F.E.A.R. recommendation, I decided to give it a try.

I'm happy to report that it was one of the more enjoyable games I've played this year. Think the awesome graphics of Doom 3 but with a much better story line. The best part is that this game features bosses, something that Doom 3 was missing. It also has some cool vehicles that you get to destroy things with, a la Half Life 2 and Halo. My only complaint was the rather lame cut scene at the end when you finish the game. It just didn't look quite right graphically speaking but everything else was top notch.

This was the also the first game I've played with my new 5.1 speaker setup. I'll provide a review of that in a future blog.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home