Thursday, March 16, 2006

Jury is still out on this one...

Well, I got Empire at War the first day it came out, almost got into it, got a little bored, played it again a week later, almost got into it, will try to start it over again hopefully this week.

I wan to like this one because it's Star Wars, but so far, it's taking me some time. Maybe it's just because I'm still trying to get used to the gameplay, or maybe it's because I'm not too impressed by the graphics, but whatever the reason may be, I have yet to get into this game and have any real fun playing it.

Getting back to the gameplay, I'm not a good multitasker as you know, and the way the gameplay switches back and forth between galaxy view, which is sorta an overview of the galaxy and you move your "pieces" so to speak, then to ground assault, or to space battles, I guess it just exploits my weakness in the multitasking area. I can see how it may appeal to guys who might like the micromanagement and all, the feel of controlling your pawns, but since I'm more a simplistic player, it's a little much for me. Controlling the galaxy takes time and peeps below you to help dominate it, but since you have no one below you here... I can't manage a galaxy I guess , LOL!

As for the graphics, well, for some reason was expecting more? I guess I'm just overly critical. Some of the stuff is cool, like when you see a walker or such, but overall, I personally was hoping for something more. A kinda neat feature is the camera ability to move into a battle scene up close, like you were in the battle, as in a movie view, which if I can remember, that's what it's called. However, if you need to control your battles, it's hardly functional.

I still hope to continue the game soon enough and give it a little more time to get used to, and hopefully enjoy, but as of this moment, I only recommend it for someone like me who just wants it because it's from the original trilogy. Other than that, the jury's still out on this one for me.

krudd

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home