Monday, November 26, 2007

Steamed

I love all the games from Valve, but one thing that bothers me is how buggy their Steam client is. Rob was telling me that he couldn't pass a particular level in EP2. They just released a new update that fixed a similar issue, I wonder if it's the same one Rob experienced...

Updates to the Source Engine have been released. The updates will be applied automatically when your Steam client is restarted. The specific changes include:

Source Engine

Fixed a crash in Half-Life 2: Episode Two when exiting This Vortal Coil

1 Comments:

Blogger Robert said...

Exiting This Vortal Coil was exactly when my crash would occur. I wonder why it never happened the first two times I played the game?

Previously, Steam would crash on cue when a news update popped up during gameplay. Crashes like these are horribly inconvenient and annoying, but to Valve's credit, they eventually squash the bugs.

Anyways, after finally finishing the level I discovered two mistakes with my quest for perfect achievement. One, I only had 315 out of 333 grubs killed and two, I left that darn gnome by the elevator shaft which is now closed by a door. Looks like I'm gonna try again for the fifth time! :( The game is still fun to play however.

11:06 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home