Thursday, February 28, 2008

Finally!

When Steve Jobs announced at Macworld that Time Capsule would ship in February, I half jokingly thought to myself it would be the last day of February. Little did I know that I ended up being right! (Well only off by one day.) Apple quietly (doesn't even deserve a page 1 article at Mac Rumors?) started shipping its wireless backup drive today.

I never understood the reason for the delay in the first place. They already had the technology with their Airport Extreme. They just needed to purchase the drives from some other manufacturer and stick them together. Well OK, maybe it's not that easy but I'm still curious!

I'll write a review when I receive it in about two weeks from now (hopefully less).

5 Comments:

Blogger Robert said...

Correction: Looks like it's page one newsworthy after all.

1:24 PM  
Blogger Marcos said...

I was just about to make the same comment you did. I agree though, this is page 1 worthy news.

Let me know how you like it so I can pick one up myself. My work laptop already supports the wireless N standard so this would be a good upgrade for me.

2:53 PM  
Blogger kruddler said...

I'm seriously considering buying one also. I think I'm going to be very poor this year! Too much stuff to get! PS3, 360 games, pc games, possibly mac games and just plain ol' cool and by far the best gadgets from Apple!

7:23 PM  
Blogger Valleyho said...

This comment has been removed by the author.

7:36 AM  
Blogger Valleyho said...

Already have my own Time Capsule. Using the previous Air Port extreme and ChronoSync. I do want to add I have tried Time Machine from my MacBook to my attached hard drive on my Airport Extreme using the following hack. It worked fine, but lost paitience in on how slow it was. ChronoSync is much faster.

7:46 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home