Monday, February 11, 2008

NetFlix

After a good recommendation from Rob, I finally subscribed to NetFlix a few months ago. I got tired of paying BlockBuster $15 per visit (for about 3 movies) so I decided to pay NetFlix instead for the 2 at a time plan. I only wish I got it sooner as I've been catching up on the old classics that BlockBuster never stocked as well as some HD DVD titles that I would never consider buying. They also have a streaming service with unlimited downloads that is pretty cool.

I was a bit suprised to find the following email in my mailbox today that said they were discontinuing HD DVD titles and go exclusivly Blu-ray for their HD format. Oh well, I figured the party couldn't last long with Warner going Blu. Now if only there was a decently priced player on the market...

2 Comments:

Blogger Robert said...

The format war is ending sooner than I anticipated. I'm sure you're aware that Microsoft has discounted their HD-DVD drive for the Xbox 360 again? It sounds outrageous but they really should offer an external Blu-ray drive soon. They would have to yank their "Why HD DVD" page but that's no big deal, Apple pulls features from their web site all the time!

1:40 PM  
Blogger kruddler said...

I refuse to believe the war is over until it's actually over! ;)

I'll still give it the rest of the year before I start to form my opinion on whether or not it's almost over or not. Hahaha! I can stall as long as I can on this one!

4:09 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home