Saturday, March 22, 2008

Pioneer SC-09TX Flagship AV Receiver

While reading the Digital Bits, I noticed this sale of a home theater receiver that's being promoted as the "end all" of all receivers- the Pioneer Flagship SC-09TX. Features include THX Ultra2 Plus, Dolby True HD, DTS-HD Master Audio, 10.2 channel surround and six HDMI 1.3 inputs. The MSRP is $7000.

The last time I owned a receiver it was a Kenwood brand and I believe the maximum number of channels it supported was two. Now there's a 10.2 sound format? Wow. Looking at the pictures I'm somewhat surprised how large in physical size the receivers have become and how many ports there are in the back.

I wonder what kind of choices Mark will have when he decides to upgrade although I don't find anything wrong with his 5.1 setup now.

1 Comments:

Blogger Marcos said...

Rob, that 10.2 format is total nonsense, allow me to do a blog about why I think so.

BTW, new receivers are not generally that big, however they do have a lot of ports now.

8:34 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home