Sunday, March 02, 2008

The Happening

After a disappointing last effort, M. Night Shyamalan is getting back on the horse with his upcoming film, The Happening. I watched the trailer several times, it looks good but as we all know, trailers can be so deceiving.

I do hope it does well though, I would hate for Shyamalan to get frustrated and stop making movies as I've personally enjoyed most of his past films. Nonetheless he seems to have a lot of critics. I think part of the reason why he generates so much negative vibes is that almost all his movies have a twist ending and people purposely hunt for that rather then just sit back and enjoy the movie for what it is.

I also like the fact he's remains true to the state where he grew up in and shoots all his films in the Pennsylvania area. Maybe one day he'll film a future project in Dave's neck of the woods.

1 Comments:

Blogger Robert said...

You are much more patient than I am with M. Night. I was really disappointed with the ending of the Village and never had an interest in Lady, but The Happening looks promising. Hopefully the reviews will be good enough to give him another try.

2:30 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home