Tuesday, March 04, 2008

Planet Earth

In yet another example of me going down with the ship, I purchased my second HD DVD title today, the Emmy award winning Planet Earth. I couldn't resist the closeout price of $29.99 with free shipping from the Discovery Channel Store. The regular price is $99 for the four HD DVD set.

I know what you are thinking, "another nature show?" but it's one of the highest rated programs on Amazon. I've watched some episodes on TV with my girls and we were all facinated with the wildlife scenes. I was amazed by the picture quality and from what I hear the Blu-ray and HD DVD versions are even better and are considered must haves for any HD player owner.

3 Comments:

Blogger kruddler said...

I saw some of these episodes on tv, looked great! I hope they release it in BD soon! I can hope!

5:18 PM  
Blogger Marcos said...

Krudd, there is a BD version, it's just more expensive.

8:28 AM  
Blogger Robert said...

Rika and I love the BBC documentaries. I can only imagine what they look like in HD. I've heard nothing but good things about the Planet Earth series.

3:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home