Sunday, May 04, 2008

Still going after Halo

I was looking at Gametrailers and saw another comparison of the 2005 video at E3 compared to the real time gameplay video at the 2007 E3. Looks like they are pretty close, though it for some reason is a grainy video, even in HD.

In any case, I read a couple of comments that were still stating that this will truly be the Halo killer, though that may have happened with the release of COD4 already. Seriously? Still looking for a Halo killer? It just goes to show how close minded people can be, and also how some are just plain anti-Halo. I can't really understand the mentality of some of these guys.

Halo is it's own category. The truth of the matter is, there is no Halo killer. Yes, COD4 is incredible. But in no way did it kill Halo. Halo had it's record debut and sales and is still selling and people are still competing online casually and professionally.

Of course, many of the gamers who make these type of statements are platform fanatics. If they are only for pc's and don't like consoles, that's it for them. No game will ever be good enough compared to a pc game. And likewise the other way around. PS3 people stick to their console as 360 people stick to theirs. Very close minded.

I like games. If there is a good one on the pc, I'll like it. If there is one on the PS3 or 360, I'll like it. I'm not into comparing which is the best machine and all others are horrible. I'm not a very good gamer, but if I like something, I'll play it no matter which platform. The only downside to my situation is the expense.

On the other hand, the downside to a close minded player is they won't enjoy all the other titles on other platforms.

2 Comments:

Blogger Robert said...

This is probably not the point of your blog but Killzone 2 looks great! Is this the first game to showcase the full graphics/physics potential of the PS3? If so, it sure took a long time! ;)

2:29 PM  
Blogger kruddler said...

I'm not really sure, but it sure looks to be. If the PS3 is gonna be fully utilized, this would be a great game to do it in!

And yeah, took a long time, but man it looks like it's gonna be awesome! I can't wait! Glad I'm a multi-platforming player!

That being said, I sure hope MGS4 utilizes the full capability of the PS3 also!

I wasn't interested in GTA4, and after looking at the commercials, I'm not impressed. The graphics, in the commercial in any case, look last gen IMHO. Maybe I don't have an eye for next gen? I never did like the series anyway, but have been fascinated with why it's such a popular series. I don't get it. Anyway, it's one I don't have to buy. oO"

9:07 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home