Sunday, March 23, 2008

The Strangers

Yesterday, Mark mentioned a movie trailer he saw online that featured a hooded man, slightly out of the camera's focus, quietly observing a woman inside her house. I told him that it was the same movie that intrigued me last year after I read an article in the Summer Movie Guide of 2007 of Entertainment Weekly. The movie is called the Strangers.

At the time, I searched for more information but all I could find was this synopsis at the studio's official website:

Writer/director Bryan Bertino explores our most universal fears in The Strangers, a terrifying suspense thriller about a couple whose remote getaway becomes a place of terror when masked strangers invade. The confrontation forces Kristen and James to go far beyond what they thought themselves capable of if they hope to survive.

Of course the big question for me was why did Universal delay this picture for an entire year? Poor screenings and being forced to reshoot/reedit? Too much competition in the same genre? Who knows, but
it's never a good sign when that happens to a film. I guess I'll have to wait for the reviews before I consider watching it.

1 Comments:

Blogger Marcos said...

Thanks for finding that. I went crazy looking for a movie called "The Watchers" (apparently we got the name wrong at Easter).

Someone commented that they thought it was great they just showed the guy with the mask standing behind the girl without any fake sound effects or unnatural camera zoom and I have to agree. It's just creepy the way it is.

8:36 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home