Sunday, June 01, 2008

CryEngine 2


Wow! I either need to get a new powerful desktop Mac or build a powerhouse pc! I'd rather have the Mac, but building a suitable pc might be a bit more economical. Sad day.

The CryEngine 2 is simply amazing! But who can run it with the highest settings?! Sheesh! I ended up buying Crysis, but even on my shiny iMac, I can barely run it on medium settings. I was hoping I had enough horsepower to see it run smoothly, but it's just too much for my lil iMac. :-/

As it is, I've been trying to get a ticket to Philly, and with gas prices the way they are... traveling is getting much harder now. Must... buy.... Mac Pro.... tix to Philly... Mac Pro... Philly...!

3 Comments:

Blogger Robert said...

I have yet to read about any new CPU/GPU combo that can run Crysis in high resolution at the highest quality settings at a sustained 30FPS. I predict it'll be at least another year or so. Maybe a Nehalem/GeForce GTX 200 series combo. Maybe. ;)

1:04 PM  
Blogger Marcos said...

Not even the HAL 9000 could run Crysis!

8:29 PM  
Blogger kruddler said...

Well, I guess I'll wait for another year (at least with the way expenses are going) for a shiny new Mac Pro.

I read on an article from Yahoo! that JPL ran it smoothly for 10 minutes before it crashed! I guess I should feel good that my Imac using Vista under BootCamp can sorta run it on medium settings. Small victories?

10:02 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home