Tuesday, August 05, 2008

MacWorld Magazine

Rob used to make fun of the fact I subscribed to MacWorld. It wasn't that the content wasn't any good but with the all latest cutting edge Mac news and announcements available just a mouse click away, who needs a paper copy several months after the fact? So I let my subscription run out last year. Actually the real reason I quit was because they kept trying to get me to renew for $30. I only paid $19.99 the first time so I didn't think it was worth the extra ten dollars.

During the interim some local school kid knocked on my door and sold me a subscription of Home Theater magazine. I thought it would be the perfect replacement since I had no intention of updating any of my Apple hardware and I was looking for some more A/V gear. Turns out I was wrong. The magazine only had few good articles and plenty of lame ads. Not a good combo. Well I only paid about $10 for it so it didn't hurt the pocketbook too much, but I definitely didn't renew when the time came.

So I happened to be surfing the net when I came across an advertisement for a one year subscription to MacWorld for only $19.99. They even added a few months free for paying with a credit card up front! So I'm finally back and have already given my recent issue to Rob (who still jokes about the age of the content).

1 Comments:

Blogger Robert said...

I do make fun but there's always good OSX tips in there which I never knew about before. One example is the hidden features of the iTunes visualizer which I'll check out tonight.

5:19 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home