Saturday, July 19, 2008

iPod Touch 2.0

I have to agree with Krudd's last post. The latest 2.0 firmware for the iPod Touch and iPhone is simply awesome. Updated scientific calculator aside, the killer app is the new App Store. Rob, pointed me to the latest Joy of Tech's which absolutely nailed it here and here. I love being able to browse, purchase and download any of the apps without having to use my computer.

Plenty of free apps are available but I couldn't resist purchasing Super Monkey Ball. For the kids of course! My only gripe (and it's very minor at that) is that most of the developers seem to think the latest update is only for the iPhone, thus you never see the words iPod Touch in any of the descriptions. Perhaps there will be some app in the future that absolutely requires the true GPS functionality of the second rev iPhone, but until that comes out everything works perfectly with the Touch (and 1st gen iPhone according to Krudd).

I never did blog about me getting the iPod but its been the best MP3 player I've ever used (although I only used my free Dell DJ Ditty, Annel's 3rd gen white iPod and the kid's Shuffle for comparison). I initially bought it (after many years of not seeing the point of all the iPod hype) just to listen to my podcasts but the slick interface, the ease of use, the ability to watch quality movies and the upgradability sold me.

2 Comments:

Blogger Robert said...

I haven't heard any complaints on the forums about iPod touch owners having to pay a $9.95 upgrade fee again. The value seems pretty good for the money.

Mark I meant to ask you during our iChat last night to bring your touch tomorrow. I want to get hopped up on Monkey Ball!

5:57 PM  
Blogger kruddler said...

How is Monkey Ball? Where's the review!?

7:38 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home