Wednesday, July 23, 2008

Padawans?



I forgot how much fun it was to play with lightsabers!

The other night we had a staycation and slept in the backyard which I had planned with the kids the prior week. They were of course excited to be sleeping outside, even though it was still only in the backyard. Actually, so was I as it's not a common practice of ours! :)

We started the night with a BBQ, hamburgers and hot dogs, with the side dishes of chili, fresh vegies and watermelon for dessert. My sis invited a couple of friends for the food and the kids had a couple of friends the whole night.

We capped off the night with a long session of swordplay and what a workout it can be! We had 6 sabers out at one time, 7 if you count when I split Darth Maul's dual bladed saber in 2! Even Cynthia got into the act and played with us!

The hum of all those blades and the clashing sounds when struck were awesome, I can't believe it would make me feel like a little kid! Even I didn't want to stop playing with the kids when it was time to go to bed! But I did promise we'd see a movie outside on my MacBook Pro when we would go to bed, so our saber fight had to end.

It only leads me to one question: when will the next staycation night be?

3 Comments:

Blogger Robert said...

Looks like a lot of fun. Just how many lightsabers do you have? My co-worker mentioned that he has 10, including the Darth Maul. Also, he was curious to know if you have the green Luke Skywalker version.

11:50 AM  
Blogger kruddler said...

10 sabers?! Imntrying to remember how many they make...

Anakin
Vader
Maul
Mace
ObI-Wan
Luke(blue)
Luke(green)
Yoda

I know I don't have the blue Luke saber as I thought that would be a duplicate of the Anakin saber. I recently looked at it and there are small differences on those 2.

I have 7 of the 8, so my question is, did your friend buy duplicates or did I miss 2 models and need to buy them?!?

If the lore is correct, there should be no differences as Luke only had the blue because as we all know it was Anakin's. But since Force FX made changes, do I get the blue Luke one now?!

12:29 PM  
Blogger Marcos said...

Krudd, don't forget the PhoneSaber!

9:10 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home