Monday, December 08, 2008

XBox Live


Well, 2 in one night! Who'da thunk!?

I can't say much at the moment about the new version of the Live interface as in all truthfulness, I am still undecided as to whether I like it or not.

I can see where they wanted to make it more, hmmm, should I say... sophisticated? With a slick new design, very clean and ordered (to me at least), it seems like it's supposed to appeal, in my opinion, to a more adult audience.

Yet the new avatar feature completely, again in my opinion, goes the other way toward a younger audience with it's Wii-like cuteness. It does have a very clean feel and look to it to still fit in with the rest of the ui though, I guess.

Maybe I'm still used to the old interface. I honestly can't decide right now whether or not I like it. It's just different. I'm sure when they tweak certain things I'll get more used to it as time progresses. I won't say I dislike it.

It's funny, but now that I think of it, it's sort of a cross between the sleekness of the PS3 interface and the kidness look of the Wii. I guess you could say Microsoft is really working hard to appeal to both ends of the spectrum and capture both audiences from Sony and Nintendo.

1 Comments:

Blogger Marcos said...

Ahh the blogs are back! I was opposed to the New Xbox Experience (NXE) at first, since I really liked the old one just fine. However I'm grown to like NXE. It's much faster and more 3D-ish. I could do away with the new avatars which is too shall we say, "inspired" by Nintendo Mii's but I think Krudd is right, they are looking to appeal to a bigger group then just the hard core FPS crowd.

6:39 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home