Friday, August 21, 2009

Got it!

I'm writing this on my brand new 13" MacBook Pro! It came in today as promised but unfortunately "only" with Leopard. I was kind of hoping Apple would have slipped in Snow Leopard but I guess I have to wait until next week like everybody else. What was interesting was that it came shipped with 10.5.7 although 10.5.8 has been out for a few weeks already.
So one of the benefits of the new computer is that I finally have a webcam and can now participate in a video chat with the rest of you. How about we test this out this weekend? Let me know what day and time and I'll host.

3 Comments:

Blogger Robert said...

You couldn't wait four more days?

I'll be out this weekend but let me know how it goes if you test out iChat. I finally had my ADSL installed last week, I'm back on the grid -woo hoo!

8:30 AM  
Blogger Marcos said...

I would easily have waited if this was my purchase since there is no sense in paying the low cost Up-To-Date price of $9.99 if I could get it for free, however since my boss was reluctant to get me one, I had to order quickly before he changed his mind. Strike while the iron is hot!

In any event my job will pay for the upgrade to Snow so I'm covered, plus it gives me a chance to use Leopard for a few days as well as experience the Leo Laporte effect (purchase an Apple product right before it gets updated) :-)

9:55 PM  
Blogger kruddler said...

Rob is back?! Online?! What's the time difference again? I forget. Next year when Starcraft 2 comes out, we need to try and schedule once a month game night!

10:07 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home