Thursday, August 13, 2009

Texas Hold'em

Rob promised to write a blog about my favorite iPod game, Texas Hold'em, but after waiting forever I figure it's time for me to step in considering I mentioned it in yesterday's post.

It turns out that it does feature multiplayer gaming but using the standard Wi-Fi that's available on any generation iPhone/iPod touch, rather than BlueTooth which was a feature only introduced with the second gen models.

What's cool is this game comes with multiplayer support for up to 8 people so it looks like I don't have to upgrade to iPhone Software 3.0 just yet. Who's up for a poker party during our next gathering?

The game itself is superb showing off Cover Flow as well as other iPhone/touch features. What instantly grabbed me was the high quality live action video clips of the dealer and your opponents. It reminded me a bit of Tad and company from The 7th Guest.

In case Rob is keeping score, so far I've played it 185 times, winning 10% of the time in 1st place, 5% in second and 2% in third and I've gotten as far as the Roppongi level. I usually play aggressive since its all fake money anyway.

***********************************************************************************
Edit: Turns out BlueTooth wasn't on 1st gen iPhones either, so I revised the blog to reflect this.
***********************************************************************************

1 Comments:

Blogger Robert said...

Ever since we had the baby/moved to Japan I've been lagging on my posts. Still read the site as much as I can and have a boatload of future articles to write!

My stats, although it must have reset after the 3.0 update:

Games played 6. 33% 1st, 0% 2nd, 0% 3rd. Biggest Pot Won: $4,215, Best Hand: Full House.

9:17 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home