Friday, February 29, 2008

Continue the Storm!....MacHeist


OK...so I've been slacking! What else is new? Well for my contribution to Blogstorm 2008 I wanted to comment about MacHeist. I'm sure you may have heard of the deal...14 Mac apps for $49. What's the catch? Shareware? Older versions? Crippleware forcing you to buy the full license? I'm happy to say neither! Full blown latest release apps with all functionality in tacked! The deal is long gone but with out it's controversy. I thought it was a great deal by developers to get their product's out to the masses and make a loyal customer come back for upgrades. 

My main draw was Ambrosia's Snapz Pro X. That app alone is $69. Since getting the bundle I have come to love some sweet gems. Mainly 1password and iStopMotion. Olivia and I have been working on a script to come up with a re-enactment of our favorite Star Wars scene using Polly Pockets and Lil Pet Shops with iStopMotion...stay tuned! 

Here is all the goodies for the price:
Hopefully I will have time to review each app as I get used to them. Let me know if you want to know about a particular one. 


3 Comments:

Blogger kruddler said...

Now you show up! :)

And no, I didn't know about this! How did you find out about it? I went to the site and it said sign up not to miss another event, but if it weren't for you just now, I would never have known about it.

If it was an add somewhere on another mac site, eh, I don't look at the banners much. I guess I should.

8:23 PM  
Blogger Robert said...

Wow. What can I say? I'm stunned that Dave has decided to join the group again!

I didn't know about MacHeist until the Twit podcasts. Great deal. The CSSEdit looks pretty sweet. I'll have to look for a Windows equivalent until I switch over.

5:25 PM  
Blogger Marcos said...

Throw in a GUI based FTP utility and I'm in!

8:13 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home