Saturday, June 21, 2008

Giant Robot on iTunes!



I couldn't believe it, but when I saw that Johnny Sakko and his Giant Robot was on iTunes, I had to download the first episode! I remember growing up always wanting one of my own, or at least a toy of him, but never actually finding one for sale.

Well, after all this time, I actually do know where to go find one, though it may not always be on sale every time I go to this "store." I've seen it on sale from time to time at a place in the City of Industry, at a place called Frank & Son Collectibles. It's where I also got a copy, closer to bootleg quality, of the "movie" for David a couple of years back.

The series was only about 26 episodes in Japan, and the movie version was an American splice job of the series. That didn't matter, I liked the splice job. But now that there is access to the series on iTunes, I probably will download it for my iPhone!

2 Comments:

Blogger Robert said...

Sadly, Rika never heard of Johnny Sokko, probably because Japan doesn't have a syndicated market like the U.S. does. Good memories for me though.

Browsing through the iTunes site, I came across the original Outer Limits which I've since downloaded. I always thought of it as rip-off of the Twilight Zone but it's a pretty good show in its own right.

1:32 PM  
Blogger Marcos said...

If the Outer Limits inspired The Terminator then it's good enough for me!

5:40 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home