Sunday, June 29, 2008

Wall-E Impressions

I took Ari to see Wall-E Friday night. Pixar scores again! So far it's turning out to be one of the best reviewed films of the year. It's also Pixar's best looking movie to date. What impressed me more than the visuals was the robot voices, created by Star Wars sound designer Ben Burtt. The soundtrack is definitely something worth showing off on your surround sound system when the DVD/Blu-Ray disc comes out.

No spoilers in this review but after you watch the movie, read this article and see if you caught any of the Easter eggs. I missed a few but did note the Apple related references, although I didn't know that Eve was partially designed by none other than Jonathan Ive until after the movie. I should have known considering she has shiny iPod white skin.

3 Comments:

Blogger Robert said...

Cool! Rika and I getting ready to catch the next showing today. I hear the reviews are great.

It would be cool if Pixar threw in a Portal turret reference in there for an Easter egg. I like their child-like voices!

1:15 PM  
Blogger Marcos said...

I forgot to mention in my blog that there are characters in the movie that definitely fit in the Portal universe. How cool would it be if Valve incorporates some Wall-E stuff in the upcoming Portal sequel!

5:39 PM  
Blogger kruddler said...

I saw it Sat. night and liked it a lot also! It does look amazing, but I don't wanna comment as I've been reprimanded before on other movies!

I will say, though, it was a very different movie!

2:05 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home