Sunday, March 14, 2010

Home Theater Geeks

During my search for new podcasts in the TWIT network, I decided to try Home Theater Geeks with Scott Wilkinson. Even though I don't have a home theater or any immediate plans to get one, I still found HTG immensely informative and entertaining. Scott is a top notch host who can articulate and explain home theater technology to the common consumer rather well. His guests are also well chosen, including people from Pioneer, the HDMI consortium and Sony Pictures. It's definitely worth a listen.

3 Comments:

Blogger Marcos said...

Great recommendation Rob. I'm listening to the HDMI Demystified podcast right now and noticed the guest speaker mentioned Thomson/Technicolor and the fact that Technicolor is now the official name of the entire company.

This is true however there was some confusion on what happened to RCA. Well RCA no longer exists in name but the original headquarters in Indianapolis is still alive and well as I just came back from there the other week. They had a real old RCA TV (from the 50's I think) on display.

10:18 PM  
Blogger Robert said...

It looks like the HTG podcast just started from last Christmas. I ended up downloading all of them. I can't get enough!

I googled RCA because the "Nipper" logo is still used for the Victor brand in Japan and I wanted to know why. Wikipedia FTW.

7:51 AM  
Blogger Marcos said...

I should probably clarify that the Indianapolis location wasn't the original RCA headquarters, but the last RCA HQ before Thomson purchased them from GE.

5:17 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home