Friday, March 12, 2010

Time Machine

Why break our new tradition of posting at least a blog a day? Let's keep this streak going!

I've been meaning to tell you that after upgrading to Leopard, I decided to take advantage of one of the main features, Time Machine. I purchased a $50 bare bones 500 GB SATA drive from Amazon and popped it in my Power Mac G5.

Installation was dirt simple due to the wonderful internal design. Just open the lid, slide in the drive in the second slot and use the cables and set screws already in the case provided by Apple. Once the drive was installed I fired the system up, formatted it as HFS+ and designated it as a Time Machine drive. Now I can sleep well at night knowing my years of photos and home videos are finally being backed up on a daily basis.

1 Comments:

Blogger Valleyho said...

Funny...I thought blogging was dead and we are supposed to be using FaceBook? Before Time Machine I had purchased ChronoSync and have never turned back. The flexibility and power it gives you is worth a look.

7:42 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home