Wednesday, March 03, 2010

More 3D Photorealism

What prompted me to write about the 2003 iSpec film was this incredible 2009 film by Alex Roman that I discovered today. It's quite amazing to say the least. It was also created using 3ds Max but coupled with the $1000, V-Ray renderer. While watching it, I had a hard time believing it was (almost) completely computer generated. There were some filmed elements such as the skies, photographer and birds, but everything else was rendered in pure 3D.

It runs 12½ minutes long but it's worth a watch, in particular, in full screen.

2 Comments:

Blogger Marcos said...

It took me a while to watch the film since it required more horsepower than my G5 could muster. After watching on my MacBook Pro full screen I must agree this was very impressive. I loved the lighting and depth of field.

10:05 AM  
Blogger Marcos said...

BTW, I wonder if TrueSpace could have done this...

10:06 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home