Saturday, February 06, 2010

Macworld 2010

With Apple's decision to stop attending Macworld, I haven't given the expo itself much thought. Now that Mark is going though, I would like to see how it does and if it can still survive.

If I were able to go, I would check out Macworld Live! with Leo Laporte hosting. One of his guests is comedian Heather Gold. Although the video is dated and not as relevant today, I found her Microsoft/Apple comparison report hillarious. I guess I have a soft spot for deadpan humor.

Electronic musician BT is another guest I would check out as I have quite a few of his albums. As a side note, he was in the Apple Powerbook G4 promotional video found here.

2 Comments:

Blogger Marcos said...

Part of the reason why I'm going is just to get a first hand report on if this expo might last or not (I suspect the latter but you never know).

I definitely want to see Leo as well as Pogue but both presentations run the same time as my training sessions. I'll play it by ear when I get there. Some posted the following regarding how early you should line up...

"As to getting in lines, remember there will be fewer people this year, so I don't expect the lines to be as long as last year. 7:30 should be plenty early for Mr. Pogue. For Leo, since it isn't until Friday we should be able to gauge that line more accurately after the conference has started."

8:23 AM  
Blogger kruddler said...

I can't see the expo lasting very long either. However, from pics it does look pretty crowded still. Maybe they'll have enough going on to keep people coming back.

8:23 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home