Saturday, January 30, 2010

Facebook

Being employed in the tech industry, you would think I would have embraced the latest fads in social networking, but up until recently I've resisted joining any of them. I just didn't see the appeal, nor did I really want to go through the hassle of signing up to a service that could potentially spam my mailbox or have access to my personal information.

My sister Angie gave me the the push to join Facebook so that we could qualify to get free tickets to a horror movie. I joined thinking I would drop it after a month, but I ended up keeping my account. I got in touch with some old high school friends as well as a cousin on my dad's side that I haven't talked to in years.

Dave recently joined, and Kruddler has been a member for a while so that only leaves Rob. For those with privacy concerns I found this security article from Ars Technica which goes over the settings needed to keep your information as secure as possible.

If you're a fan of The Office like I am, you should enjoy this video clip about "Book Face".

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home